Who are we?
Elizabeth Fry Charity provides support and accommodation to women in the criminal justice system. We work closely with the Probation Service and other partner agencies to protect the public and support residents to move on positively in their lives.
We are a data controller, and we are processing your personal data. The Privacy Notice applies to all personal data that we process in respect of individuals that use our website.
Personal Data means information that can reveal your identify such as your name, email, telephone number.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during our relationship with you.
Categories of data held
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have described as follows:
• Identity Data including your first name and last name.
• Contact Data means the data we use to contact you including your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone number.
• Financial Data means the payment method and card used to process your payments . We do not store or process your card details ourselves. These are processed and stored on one of our contracted third-party service providers.
• Transaction Data means details about transactions you have made on our website including the payments to and from you along with other details of any donations or products or services you have purchased from us.
• Technical Data means details about the device(s) you use to access our website including your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
• Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services. This includes your browsing patterns and information such as how long you might spend on one of our webpages and what you look at and for on our website, the page that referred you to our site and the click stream during your visit to our website, page response times and page interaction information (clicks you make on a page).
• Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
Examples of date that we hold
• In the case of supporters, in the process of making a donation, signing up to an event or our communications, and/or making an enquiry, we may process personal information including your name and address and contact details.
How we collect personal data
We use different methods to collect data from and about you such as when you fill in forms online, when you correspond with us by post, phone, email or gathering information from face to face meetings.
We may collect your data to carry out research and analysis.
We will only use personal data of data subjects when the law permits, and we will use all such personal data in accordance with this Privacy Notice, the Data Protection Act 2018 and General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to do so. Most commonly the basis we will rely on to use your personal data is:
• Where we need to perform a contract and/or we are about to enter a contract and/or we have entered into a contract with you;
• Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
• Where you have given us your clear consent before the processing. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
We will only send you direct marketing communications by email, direct mail or text if we have your consent. You have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us. We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
We will use your data in a variety of ways:
• To register you as a supporter, donor or volunteer and to facilitate our communications with you;
• To manage payments and collect money owed to us, or to fulfil our contract with you;
• To manage our relationship with you (suppliers, donors, supporters);
• To deliver goods and services to you;
• To use data analytics to improve the website or our services;
• To keep accurate records and to exercise or defend our legal rights or comply with our legal obligations.
• To protect an individual from neglect or physical, mental or emotional harm, or to protect the physical, mental or emotional well-being of an individual.
• For the personal safety of staff and visitors (of Elizabeth Fry Charity) and other members of the public and to act as a deterrent against crime
• To support law enforcement bodies in the prevention, detection and prosecution of crime
We may share your personal data with third parties that operate our systems such as our customer relationship management system, external IT systems (such as client support databases, HR and Finance systems) or our third-party professional advisors such as accountants, lawyers, or contractors.
We may also share your personal data with public authorities including HM Revenue & Customs, when required by law to do so. We never sell your data or use it for any other purpose outside of this Privacy Notice.
We do not share your data with bodies outside of the European Economic Area.
We will only retain personal data for as long as strictly necessary to fulfil the purposes that it was collected including for the purposes of complying with any legal, accounting or report requirements and when we assert or defend legal claims.
Elizabeth Fry Charity will also retain your personal data until it becomes inaccurate, at which time we will endeavour to bring the data up to date. If we are unable to verify the accuracy of your data, we will delete the appropriate records.
With regard to your personal data, you may contact us to request;
• withdrawal of your consent
• access to your data
• rectification or erasure of your personal data,
• a restriction of processing
• to object to processing and
• data be ‘ported’ to another Data Controller
We explicitly bring to your attention your right to object to our processing of your personal data. You have the right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for marketing, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing. Please use the contact details below if you wish to exercise any of your rights.
You are advised that you have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. As a UK registered company, this would be the UK Information Commissioner. Their contact details and other information and guidance can be obtained from www.ico.org.uk.
Elizabeth Fry Charity takes reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of personal data.
Elizabeth Fry Charity may update this policy from time to time by posting revisions here. Please check here occasionally for any changes.
Elizabeth Fry Charity accepts no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of other websites.
You can use any of the channels below to contact us about your personal data.
Elizabeth Fry House, 6 Coley Avenue, Reading RG1 6LQ
Telephone: 0118 9572385